The complexities of building construction cannot be realized by anyone better than architects and engineers, who have to conduct tremendous amounts of tests and calculations before finally getting into the proposed location for developing a building.
The strength of the building is actually determined by design and construction professionals after a variety of tests and calculations are conducted by them such as load calculations, buckling analysis and structural analysis.
A list of tests and analysis that are conducted for developing strong and effective buildings
- First and most important test which is conducted for building construction remains soil testing or soil analysis.
- Soil analysis is conducted to understand the stability of the soil in context of construction projects.
- Soil testing is basically undertaken for determining whether the proposed location is a right place to construct a building or not.
- In context of structure, structural engineers or civil engineers have to indulge into load calculations and on the basis of that strong structural design is developed.
- Load calculations determine the amount of load that can be imposed on a building.
- Loads can be divided or categorized into two different categories live load and dead load.
- Loads are accountable for causing stresses and displacements in the structural framework.
- For analyzing the impact of different kinds of loads on a structure, structural analysis services are executed by structural engineers.
- If excess load is imposed on a structure, then it is bound to meet the stage of structural failure.
- Hence the impact of all kinds of adverse situations is effectively studied by structural engineers during the design process, which results into the development of effective structures.